A 10% holding deposit is required to secure the booking. The remaining balance is due 6 weeks prior to arrival and the total remains non-refundable thereafter.
If cancelled less than 6 weeks prior to arrival the 10% deposit will be retained.
If cancelled more than 6 weeks prior to arrival a £30 admin charge or the 10% deposit will be retained, whichever is lower.
*If you booked online and chose the non-refundable option, full payment is due upon booking and will remain non-refundable and non-transferable thereafter.
A £20 per person (£40 for stag and hen parties and groups of 40 or more) security deposit will be taken on arrival for each member of the group. We hold the deposit against damages, but also against any bad behaviour and/or complaints from other guests or staff due to the group’s activities. This applies to the group’s behaviour in the dorms, the bar, the beer garden and any other area of the hostel. You may be cautioned or asked to leave by any member of staff and you forfeit your security deposit and accommodation cost if we are forced to remove the whole or any part of your group from our premises.
The deposit is held on one debit/credit card (as a pre-authorisation) and is released on departure, provided there are no damages or complaints. Please note this is not a transaction and it may not show on your bank statement. The cardholder will be asked to sign a consent form detailing our house rules and authorising Kick Ass Hostels to charge their card, should it be necessary. We will always inform you of the charges before debiting your account. Please note we cannot accept the behavioural deposit in cash or on multiple cards.
Our crew will inspect your allocated dorm/s before your arrival to make sure they are in good order. If you wish to report any issues with any of the dorms please do so within 1 hour of check-in. Any issues that are found after check-out will be attributed to the group’s activities in the dorms and any potential charges will be deducted from the behavioural deposit accordingly.
The group must have at least 1 designated leader who will be responsible for coordinating check-in and check-out, as well as be the point of contact in case of any queries or issues during your stay. Please provide leader’s full name and mobile number upon booking.
Check-in and check-out
Check-in is from 2pm, check-out at 10am. Late check-out may be available, please enquire.
We require everyone’s name and surname to be provided for fire safety purposes, we will ask for a list of attendees prior to your arrival, and if we don not receive it, you will be asked to provide everyone’s name at check-in.
We ask that the group leader completes check-in on behalf of the group, including distributing key cards and assigning rooms.
On check-out, we ask that the leader collects all key cards from the group and returns them to reception.
One of our crew will inspect the dorm/s after they have been vacated and if there are no issues the security deposit will be released. If there are any damages or complaints, we will assess the cost and let you know by email what charges will apply.
- NO NOISE in the rooms or hallways, especially between 10pm and 6am. Please feel free to use the chill-out room or the bar for socialising.
- NO SMOKING anywhere in the hostel (£50 fine per each instance or instant eviction in serious cases).
- NO OUTSIDERS anywhere in the hostel. Strictly residents only for everyone’s convenience and safety.
- NO EXCESSIVE MESS. Please clean after yourself, including the shared shower and toilet facilities and dorm rooms. We can supply garbage bags at reception.
- NO DAMAGING hostel property. Soiled mattress replacement cost is £95.00, soiled linen £35.00, any other damages assessed as required. Specialised cleaning fees may apply.
- NO ABUSE OR HARASSMENT. Do not abuse, harass or intimidate any member of our crew or other guests. Drunkenness is no excuse.
- NO ILLEGAL DRUGS. Police will be called to the premises immediately. You risk instant eviction without the right to refund of the accommodation cost and/or security deposit and legal action.
- NO LATE CHECK-OUT. Check out is strictly by 10am and we reserve the right to charge extra nights from your security deposit if check-out is not complete by 10am
- Reception is open 24h.
- Check-in is from 2pm. Check-out by 10am.
- There is no lift (elevator) in the building, please be prepared to climb stairs.
- We have secure luggage storage lockers available on a first-come-first-served basis. Storage is free before check-in and costs £1.00 per locker after check-out. During your stay valuables can be stored in lockers within the dorms.
- All accommodation has shared toilet and shower facilities per floor. Note most of the facilities are mixed gender but we have female and male-only shower rooms too.
- Towels can be rented from reception at £3.50.
- Linen is provided free of charge.
- All private rooms and shared dorms feature bunk beds.
- Each dorm bed comes with a power socket, a USB plug, reading light, small shelf, hook & locker (you will need your own padlock, or one can be purchased from reception at £4.00).
- Each POD bed comes with a privacy curtain, headboard, mood lighting, reading light, power socket & USB plug, shelf, hooks and combination lock locker (no padlock required).
Our full Terms and Conditions can be found here.
Please note that by proceeding with your group reservation you accept and agree to the terms and conditions detailed above.