Terms & Conditions
1. Rates: All transactions with Kick Ass Hostel are in Pounds Sterling. No booking fees are charged for bookings made directly with Kick Ass Hostels. All rates quoted are inclusive of VAT and are subject to availability and alteration.
2. Card Security Guarantee: All bookings made require a valid credit/debit card for authorization as a security guarantee against room damage or failure to arrive on the day of the booking. In the event of the provided card expiring before the date of arrival, we would require an additional card that will be valid on the date of arrival.
3. Cancellations: Please refer to your booking confirmation/correspondence for the cancellation policies attached to your booking.
4. Booking Details: The items included in your Hostel stay accommodation and non- accommodation) are indicated on your confirmation booking statement/invoice/email. Guests should check this confirmation on receipt and contact reception if they notice any problems with their booking.
5. Prices Guarantee: Prices are set annually and vary from one Hostel to another. Prices also vary at different times throughout the year, dependent on local market conditions. Prices currently in force can be found at www.kickasshostels.co.uk or by contacting the Sales & Reservations Department. We reserve the right to change our prices at any time, without notice. The price paid is the price enforce at the time of booking. We will fully guarantee the price of your Hostel stay on your confirmation booking statement/invoice.
6. Kick Ass Hostels Tourist Accommodation: The primary purpose of Kick Ass Hostels is to provide temporary tourist accommodation for people during their travels in Scotland.
They are not intended or designed to be used as permanent or semi-permanent resident accommodation and should not be considered such. Therefore, the normal maximum duration for any single Hostel stay is 14 days, unless specifically authorised by an appropriate member of the Senior Management Team in Kick Ass Hostels Office.
7. Room Classification: All accommodation provided is classified as either Mixed Dorms, Female Dorms, Private Twin Rooms or Private Quad Rooms, Pod Dorms.
Mixed Dorms: Mixed dorms may have guests of any/no gender sharing the room.
Women Only Dorms: Women Only Dorms will be strictly occupied by women; occupants of these dorms are requested to only allow other women into the dorm.
Private Twin Rooms: This type of room may have a double bed or two single beds and, in some cases, a double bed with a single bed above in a bunk type layout. Any guests booking a Private twin room will be required to pay for all the beds in the room and will have exclusive use of this room for their own private use.
Private Quad Rooms: This type of room will normally have 4 beds provided by way of two bunks. Any guest booking this type of room will be required to pay for all 4 beds during the period of their stay.
Pod Dorm Rooms: This is our new personally designed Pod room which consists of two pods bunks which include lighting, storage and increased space for guests and increased privacy.
8. Customer Identification: We require valid photo identification upon check-in, suitable forms of ID: A Valid Passport or National ID card are acceptable forms of identification.
9. Check-In: All Rooms are normally available at 2:00 pm on the day of arrival; however, guests arriving earlier are welcome to drop off any luggage, which can be safely stored free of charge.
10. Security Key Card: Hostel Guests will receive a room key card. These key cards are activated for the period of stay only and must be returned to reception when checking out.
11. Security Pass: Guests will receive on “check-in” a security pass int he form of a wristband. Guests should always keep this pass on them. Hostel staff may ask at any time to see this pass to ensure that they are a bona fide guest of the Hostel.
Checking Out: Check-Out time is 10.00am. Guests are required to remove all their belongings from their room and from the locker they may have used within the room. Guests must on check out, return to reception all room key cards. Any check outs after 10:00 am on the day of departure will result in an additional night stay being charged to the customer based on the current rack rate of the dorm bed or private room beds (2) for the day(s) in question.
Bed Linen: Bed linen is provided free of charge to all guests. Towels are provided at a £2.00 charge to dormitory guests but are provided free of charge to Private Twin Room guests.
Late Arrival: Kick Ass Hostel is open 365 days a year and 24hrs each day. If a guest thinks they may be arriving after 10.00pm, they are requested to contact the hostel to inform us of this.
1. The minimum check-in age is 18 years. Guest who are 16 and 17 years old are permitted to stay only if accompanied by persons 18 years old or older in a 1:1 ratio and within private rooms only. 16 and 17 year olds are not permitted to share dorms with persons outside of their family or party. Under 18s are not allowed in the hostel bar after end of food service. No guest under the age of 16 is permitted to stay in Kick Ass Hostel. Any guest arriving who is under the age of 16 regardless if accompanied by an adult (over 18) will be refused entry to the Hostel. Any bookings that include any individuals under the age of 16 will result in the refusal of entry to the hostel and the subsequent cancellation of the booking with no refund.
2. No animals are allowed on the Hostel premises, exceptions to this rule are for guide dogs accompanying blind or partially blind guests.
3. If your booking is being paid for with a third-party credit card we will require written authorisation to be provided by the card-holder.
4. We offer no credit facilities. All payments must be paid in full upon arrival.
5. We accept the following cards: Visa, Visa Debit, Solo, Maestro, Mastercard, Mastercard Debit. We do not accept Laser Cards or American Express (AMEX).
6. If any payment under these terms and conditions are not met, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking; and/or we may suspend the supply and/or deliveries of any other services provided to you by us. We will, however, inform you in writing prior to any such action.
1. Guests are asked to use the lockers provided in all dormitory accommodation and secure them with a padlock, should a guest not have a padlock, one can be purchased from reception.
2. Guests are asked to refrain from jamming bedroom doors open as this may constitute a security risk and to their property and to that of other guests sharing the room.
3. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are always secure.
4. Guests are required to look after any of their property while in their possession in any parts of the hostel.
5. Insurance & Personal Property: It is your responsibility to ensure your personal effects, as Kick Ass Hostels cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property.
6. Guests will be expected to reimburse Kick Ass Hostels for any damages caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay.
1. Parking: There is no parking facilities provided by the Hostel, but nearby paid parking is available for customer vehicles. We have exclusive discount deals with nearby car parks, please contact us for details. A member of staff will be happy to direct the guest to the location of this paid public parking. You may be required to pre-book yur space.
2. Meals: Our Kick Ass Bar provides meals between 7am and 10pm. Meals are not included in the price of any bookings unless specifically requested and detailed in the guest booking confirmation. Customers are requested to not eat in the Kick Ass Bar any food not purchased in the hostel. Sandwiches are available for sale at reception 24hrs a day.
3. Alcohol: Alcohol is served in “The Kick Ass Bar” as per the licensing laws in Scotland. Under Section 68 of the 1976 Licensing (Scotland) Act, it is an offence for any person under 18 to buy or attempt to buy alcohol.
4. Chill out Room: This area is provided free of charge for the sole use of Kick Ass guests.
5. Luggage Storage: Checked out guests may make use of the secure luggage storage facilities located in a separate part of the Hostel for a nominal fee of £1.00. Luggage cannot be stored overnight. All lockers are checked at 11.00pm and the contents removed therein. Arrangement for storing any luggage for an extended period can be organised by contacting reception. Any guests arriving early may deposit their luggage in the luggage store. This service is free for any early arrivals. A luggage token will be given to the early arriving customer by the reception to enable this free service. Kick Ass Hostel takes no responsibility for loss to any Customers belongings because of using this facility. All guests should ensure they have adequate insurance to cover themselves for any losses or thefts.
6. Showers: Hot showers are provided free of charge to all Kick Ass guests.
Guest Behaviour / Code of Conduct
1. Entry Refusal: The comfort, safety and security of our guests are of paramount importance. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our team, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, team members or residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be offered a refund.
The Kick Ass Hostels team reserve the right to refuse entry of any guests at point of check in, that in their opinion, by allowing to stay would compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, team members or residents.
Kick Ass Hostels reserves the right to refuse entry to the main hostel building and any annexe building forming part of the hostel at any time.
2. Respect: Guests are expected to respect other guests, our crew, residents, and property.
3. Fire Regulations: Guests are required to familiarise themselves and comply with all fire regulations and evacuation procedures at the property where they are staying. Any malicious activation of fire alarms or misuse of fire equipment including tampering will result in a £100.00 penalty being incurred.
4. Smoking: Kick Ass Hostels operate a no smoking policy throughout the premises. This is in line with legislative changes in Scotland which dictates a ban on smoking in public places, effective from 26 March 2006. Any guest found smoking within the building will be charged a fee of £50.00 to cover the cost of restoring the room to a smoke-free condition. Further failure to comply will result in the guest(s) being asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund. A smoking area and ashtrays are provided in various locations on the outside of the hostels.
5a. Alcohol: Alcohol may be purchased in the Hostel within designated areas (Kick Ass Bar) as per the licensing laws in Scotland. Under Section 68 of the 1976 Licensing (Scotland) Act, it is an offence for any person under 18 to buy or attempt to buy alcohol or consume alcohol. It is also an offence to buy alcohol for consumption by a person under 18. The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited in and around any Kick Ass Hostels at any time. If the Hostel Manager/staff member suspects that a person is in possession of illegal drugs, he or she will contact the local police. Guests found to be contravening the above policies may be requested to leave the Youth Hostel without refund.
5b. Alcohol purchased outside the Hostel cannot be consumed in The Kick Ass Bar, the dorms or anywhere else in the hostel.
5c. No alcohol purchased in the Hostel may be consumed outside or taken to the accommodation rooms.
6. Hazardous Items: The use of candles and camping stoves within Kick Ass Hostels is always strictly prohibited.
The use of fireworks in and around the Hostel grounds is strictly prohibited. The use of barbecues and the lighting of fires in and around the Hostel grounds are strictly prohibited.
7. Security: Kick Ass Hostel and associated facilities are for the express and sole use of Kick Ass guests. In the interest of security, guests are requested to refrain from bringing general members of the public (who do not have a booking with the Hostel) into the hostel or into the accommodation provided. Guests will receive on “check-in” a security pass. Guests should always keep this pass on them. Hostel staff may ask at any time to see this pass to ensure that they are bona fide guests of the Hostel.8. Code of Conduct: Guests are required to give due consideration to the collective needs of others in the Hostel, to take due care of the facilities provided and to respect the shared environment. In the interest of maintaining community relations, we expect all clients to refrain from any activity likely to antagonise the local community or bring Kick Ass Hostel into disrepute. Any guest displaying unacceptable behaviour will be asked to leave the Hostel without refund. Guests are requested to consider other guests and be quiet within the corridors and Rooms of the Hostel after 10 pm, anybody making excessive noise after this time, creating a nuisance to other guests, team members or residents or behaving in an unacceptable manner either inside the hostel or in the immediate area outside the hostel will be asked to vacate the hostel. No refund will be given because of the departure of the guest from the hostel in this instance.
1. Group Bookings: A Booking for 10 persons or over is classified as a group booking and is subject to additional terms and conditions. Bookings of this type cannot be booked over the web using our online booking system. Please complete and submit our online group bookings form providing as much information as you can and we will be back in touch to let you know if we have availability for the days and number of beds you have requested and we will provide you with any additional terms and conditions that may be pertinent to your group booking.
2. Booking Conditions: 10% holding deposit is required to secure the booking. The remainder balance is due no later than 6 weeks prior to arrival.
3. Cancellation Policy: If cancelled less than 6 weeks prior to arrival the 10% deposit will be retained. If cancelled more than 6 weeks prior to arrival a £30 admin fee or the 10% deposit will be retained, whichever is lower.
4. Meals: We offer discounted meal options for groups, more information will be provided upon enquiry. Meals for groups must be pre-paid and all times are pre-arranged to ensure high standard of service.
5. Security Deposit: We require a deposit of £20 or £40 per person booked to cover the potential cost of any damage caused by the group or for any complaints or claims from other hostel guests arising as a direct result of the behaviour of the group. This deposit will be refunded to the group on departure subject to an inspection of the fully vacated room(s) booked by the group. We reserve the right to make any further claims against all parties in the group and against the person making the booking in the event of any damages costs in excess of the deposits paid or in the event of any future claims arising against Kick Ass Hostels as a direct result of the behaviour of the group.
6. Coaches: We do not provide parking for coaches. There is a drop-off area where guests can disembark safely. Coaches must switch off their engine when parked outside the hostel premises. After the complete disembarking of all guests, the coach will then be required to find alternative parking. We are happy to advise on suitable nearby locations for coach parking.
7. Additional Costs: Kick Ass Hostels accepts no responsibility for extra costs incurred by any person, driver or group leader not willing to share room facilities with other drivers, group leaders or persons.
1. Promotional Documents: Kick Ass Hostel exerts all due care and diligence when producing electronic and printed materials on the Hostel facilities and local attractions. However, we reserve the right to revise, update or make obsolete some or all the contents without the obligation to notify any person of such changes. Despite every effort to the contrary, errors, omissions or discrepancies may occur in the preparation of promotional and informational documents (electronic and printed), and Kick Ass Hostel assumes no liability for loss or damages incurred due in part or in whole to such errors. All maps and photographs displayed in Kick Ass Hostel printed and electronic materials are for information purposes only.
2. Grading: The category grading given to our Hostels are those awarded by Visit Scotland. These are issued within strict guidelines through the Visit Scotland Quality Assurance Grading Scheme with all our Hostels being inspected annually.
3. Circumstances Outwit Our Control: Kick Ass Hostels cannot accept any liability and will not consider payment of compensation where the Hostel booking could not be fulfilled due to circumstances which we or our suppliers could not, even with due care, have foreseen or avoided. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, civil commotion or strife, hostilities, strikes or other industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire, Act of God, terrorist activities, technical problems with transportation, closures of airports, ports and/or ferries, quarantine, epidemics, weather conditions, government action or other events outside our control. For other unforeseen internal operational reasons, Kick Ass Hostels may occasionally be forced to change or cancel one or more destination Hostels. In such cases, every effort will be made to contact you in advance, using the contact details supplied at the time of booking or during any subsequent communication. In such cases, no surcharge will be made where customers are required to be relocated to a different Hostel or alternative accommodation.
4. Third Part Liability: Any third party “activity provider” with whom Kick Ass works on your behalf or whom you work with directly will be covered by their own public liability insurance.
5. Accident or Injury: As far as the law allows, Kick Ass takes no responsibility for loss to any Customer because of this agreement or the occupancy following thereon.
6. Insurance: All our premises are covered with standard protection and liability insurances. If you require a copy in advance, this can be obtained from the Sales and Reservations Department on request. Customers are not, however, covered by our insurance for personal injury, damage or theft of property whilst in our Hostels, or public transport delays/cancellations. You are advised to ensure that you are covered independently for such events. We recommend personal travel insurance, including cancellation insurance.
7. Tours: There are numerous companies that run day tours to the Scottish Highlands from Edinburgh. Our staff have lots of knowledge and information on what the different companies offer on their tours, so if you are interested in going on one of these, please let us know and we will happily help you decide which one is best for you and make a booking for you. Kick Ass Hostel, while happy to organise a booking from a third-party tour operator, do not accept any liability for the failure of the said tour operator to fulfill their obligations under the terms and conditions of the said tour operator, any guest or group booking a tour should fully satisfy themselves of the terms and conditions of the said tour operator before making a booking. The guest or group indemnifies Kick Ass Hostel, from and against all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, damages, losses and expenses, which shall include legal costs, expenses and VAT resulting from the booking of any such tour.
8. Law: The contract between Kick Ass Hostel(s) and the Customer(guest), and any matters arising from it will be governed by Scottish law. Scottish Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with all disputes.
Guest Disabilities / Illnesses
1. Guests with Disabilities, Medical Problems or Special Needs: We advise you to notify us at the time of booking, and a minimum of 48 hours in advance if you or any of your party has any disability, medical problem or special needs, which may require specific facilities. We will endeavour to meet your requirements where possible but special needs facilities may not be available – please check requirements are identified and communicated to Kick Ass staff. We cannot, however, aid with walking, eating or other personal needs. If you need help, you must take someone with you who can take care of your needs. It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that all special needs requirements are identified and communicated to Kick Ass staff. Note our buildings are not wheelchair accessible due to their historic nature.
2. Covid-19: Kick Ass Hostels reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone exhibiting the symptoms of Covid-19 as the hostel does not have self-isolation facilities. Anyone who arrives showing symptoms or who requires to quarantine will not be permitted to stay and will be asked to make alternative accommodation arrangements. Kick Ass Hostels will not accept any legal or financial responsibility for arranging alternative accommodation.
3. Equality of Access: Kick Ass Hostels are open to all. No customer will be discriminated against based on race, nationality, gender, age, status, occupation, religion etc. Where an individual’s circumstances may lead to special accommodation or catering requirements, we advise the Customer to notify us at the time of booking, and a minimum of 72 hours in advance so that, subject to availability, appropriate measures can be taken to meet the individual’s needs.
Oversights & Errors
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information, Kick Ass Hostels does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information. We make every effort to accommodate you in the dormitory size of your choice.
However, because of the nature of our business, we may have to place you in a different sized dormitory. As a result, the balance to be paid upon arrival can be slightly different than what is stated on your confirmation.
All bookings are subject to availability and Kick Ass Hostels reserve the right to decline any booking at their sole discretion.
Any queries regarding the terms and conditions contained herein should be in the first instance directed to:
Kick Ass Hostels is a trading name and is a wholly owned subsidiary of:
J and M Cameron Properties Ltd
Company Registration: SC105575
Telephone: +44(0)131 2266351